Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Losing things...and not quite losing the pedometer

Many of you will know that losing things like keys, bags etc is pretty common in the world of Cath. Therefore thought you might be interested in the pretty impressive log of items lost on the trip so far (bearing in mind we're less that 3 weeks in):
  • 2 pairs of (fortunately cheap) sunglasses and 1 sunglasses case
  • A couple of pairs of contact lenses
  • My fluffy blow up neck pillow - really upset about this one, hoping it will reappear from a corner of the pack sometime soon
  • My glasses - not quite as bad as it sounds - have loads of lenses and was planning to get new ones in Oz anyway. Still rather annoying that my only clue was that they went missing somewhere in Cusco!
Pretty impressive eh? On the positive side at least at this rate my pack with be very light very soon.

One thing I haven't managed to lose is my pedometer. My brother John & sister in law Varsha bought us some travel essentials before we came away, most of which are proving to be extremely useful. However, the talking pedometer complete with panic alarm has been not so much useful as highly entertaining. I was quite excited about being able to know how many steps I had taken as we trekked and it was a little generous in its step count (think bumpy roads) which I was more than happy to ignore. However, it then reset itself so my total step count for the entire trek was 14! To add insult to injury, the panic alram has a clever habit of going off when it feels like, so the serenity of the montains was shattered more than once and a few fellow trekkers knew me only as the one with the alarm. At least it has provided plenty of laughs, usually at my expense!

C

No comments: